A native of Lynchburg, Dr. William Henry Roberts attended the local public schools and spent a year at Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire before going on to Howard University. After undergraduate work at Howard, he began medical training there. He finished at Meharry Medical College in Nashville in 1914.
Receipt Signed by Dr. William Henry Roberts, 1935
Dr. William Henry Roberts began practicing in Lynchburg in 1914 at 1206 Grace Street. He later had offices on Wise and Fifth Streets. As with other Central Virginia doctors, his was a general practice of medicine.